Congratulations to Tim O’Donnell and Kelly Williamson for their victories at last week’s Memorial Hermann Ironman 70.3!
O’Donnell surged past the front-runners to win the race after starting the run in fourth place while Williamson had to run down the leaders in similar fashion, earning her her second Ironman 70.3 champion title in the past month following her win in San Juan.
1. Tim O’Donnell (USA) 3:47:40
2. Sebastian Kienle (DEU)3:48:03
3. Ronnie Schildknecht (CHE) 3:48:49
4. Michael Raelert (DEU) 3:50:08
5. Stephane Poulat (FRA) 3:52:35
1. Kelly Williamson (USA) 4:13:27
2. Yvonne VanVlerken (NLD) 4:18:47
3. Amy Marsh (USA) 4:20:16
4. Caitlin Snow (USA) 4:22:03
5. Margaret Shapiro(USA) 4:25:27
Hermann also marked Lance Armstrong’s second appearance on the Ironman 70.3 circuit. Despite entering T2 in first place and holding onto the lead for the first two laps of the run he wasn’t able to hold that pace and was eventually forced to walk as a result of GI issues. Lance managed to finish seventh and we look forward to seeing him again when he makes his next appearances at Ironman 70.3 Florida, Ironman 70.3 Hawaii, and goes for his first official full Ironman finish in France in June as he tries to qualify for October’s Ironman World Championship in Kona.
Congratulations to all the pros, age-groupers, first-timers, and more on your efforts!
Visit ironman.com for the full story and results.